Thursday 25 September 2008

Erm... Hi

I've set up this blog on the spur of the moment, with the vague idea of putting all my thoughts and ideas in to one place, but now I realise you need to have your thoughts organised to do that, and my mind is a complete jumble at the moment!
I have so much going on, and so much to do, I don't know where to start!
For instance, I have just become the proud owner of an allotment, but since I've never even owned a window box before it is a real learning curve for me, and I seem to be spending a major part of my waking day just looking up plants, pests and cheap alternatives to getting rid of said pests!
I am also a 'wannabe' fiction writer, and the urge is on me to start writing again, but when I write it also becomes a total obsession, and the allotment cant afford that at the moment. When I get a story in my head, I eat, sleep and breath it until the last word is written, leaving no time for anything else at all!
Add to those the fact that the credit crunch has really hit my family with a wham, and we have never even had a credit card to our names, and rent rather than own, so I'm trying very hard to save every single penny and become 'Super Frugal Woman', which also takes up time I am very short of, and I suddenly realise we have not been hit with just the 'credit crunch' but also the 'Time Crunch' too! Can I really be frugal and still have time to do everything else that needs to be done?
Yet here I am, playing with the idea of doing a blog?!?
Am I mad?
Probably, but, this could be a good way for me to document my daily little savings of both time and money, and the trials I go through on the allotment, and just maybe, when things calm down a little bit, a few hints about the next story I'm going to write. Time will tell.

No comments: