Sunday 25 January 2009

Life goes on

The death of my Father in Law has hit my Husband a lot harder than he is willing to admit, and home life is not very rosy at the moment, which has impacted on my willingness to write, as I prefer to write positively here.

But on the bright side, it means I have been escaping to the allotment a lot recently, and have virtually finished setting up the wildlife pond! Only two lilies have to go in and it is ready for the frog spawn to be introduced next month!

All my onions and garlic sets are in, the potatoes are chitting, all the seeds are bought, and a diary of when they have to be planted has been made up! As you can see, I have not been idle in my absence.

I am sorry to have to report that my poor dragon fruit plant died on the day of the funeral, which was the coldest day this winter, and was when the heater in the greenhouse decided to run out of paraffin. But I have discovered that the plant is easily propagated from the seeds of shop bought fruit, so there is hope for future dragon fruit!

On the crafting side of things, I have finished a shawl for a friend of a friend who has been suffering with the cold weather, a Doctor Who scarf has been knitted (and that really was a labour of love!) as a late Christmas present for my friends son, and I am now spoilt for choice as to what to make next as I have saved a lot of patterns for things I want to make while I have been away…

Right I am going to love you and leave you, and go and load a CD of Hot Chocolate on to my mp3, so I can listen to some romance while I’m digging the Brussels bed tomorrow.

Take care everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have missed reading your posts!! I was wondering yesterday if everything was ok, you had been so silent. I didn't want to email, thinking you were still bombarded with the death. I Miss you. Now I will have to google dragon fruit, to see if I want one!! I am so envoius of your vegetables and pond and greenhouse. LOVES!!!!

Anonymous said...

I too have missed you and wondered how things were going.. so sorry to hear about your loss.

dragonsue said...

Thank you both!
I have missed posting, but didn't realise how much until after I had posted! lol
I AM BACK! WOOO-HOOO!!!