Thursday 29 January 2009

Things have gotten a little busy around here!

After my Father in Laws death, there was a sudden calm in things that could be done to fill our time around here.

The freezing weather meant that there was little or no work that could be done on the allotment, and once the Christmas rush was out of the way I took a breather from crafting presents (though I have started on next Christmas’s lot now!). I didn’t feel inspired to make anything special for me, and as for writing… well the best I can say is that I kinda dried up for a while there.

Then last week the weather warmed up and I ordered a whole heap of wildlife plants for the pond I am creating on the allotment, and they started arriving this week, so every day a new plant arrives and I’m down the allotment with my hands in freezing water!

My Father in Laws probate has finally gone through, so now we are clearing out his house, sorting through his belongings and deciding where they are all to go, which means my work is cut out for me to keep my Husband cheerful and not dwelling on darker things. Not a pleasant job. My Husband wasn’t in the Will so he gets the job as executor and he is taking the job very seriously indeed.

My lovely kitty, KitKat wasn’t well for a while, so didn’t want anything to do with anything, but now she is back and demanding to play every time she see’s me move a muscle, making up for lost time I think!

And last but not least, Forest from FrugalZeitGeist has asked me to write some more articles for him, which I am really looking forward to!

And now for the embarrassing bit of my week; we have a very large chest freezer, and I am not a tall woman, so the edge of the freezer comes up above my waist. Well I was reaching in to get some meat out for dinner, my feet slipped and in I went, head first!

Now the funny image that comes to mind is me falling in completely and the lid closing, cartoon style, but that didn’t quite happen, thank heavens. Instead I banged the top of my head on the back edge of the freezer, hard enough to see a flash of light, but no stars. Though thinking about it, I could have hit the light in the freezer, making the light flicker, I don’t know.

Anyways, since then, (coming up for a week now) I have had a real hum-dinger of a headache, but sadly it didn’t knock any sense in to me, as I was back in there yesterday looking for dinner again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Silly woman!! I envy your allotment, I am itching to play with plants out in the garden. but I need to wait a little longer.

dragonsue said...

Yesterday the weather was good, and the ground soft enough to work with, but last night there was a really bad frost, and the temperature has dropped through the floor, so the ground will be like rock again for the foreseeable future, if the weather forecasters are to be believed.

Sharon said...

I was browsing your blog and found this old post. How funny! Especially since I have the same problem. I have a small chest freezer and I am a good 5' 51/2" to 5' 6" tall and I still can not reach into the bottom of the freezer.
Sorry to hear about the head injury, I'm glad you're alright, but I love the visual of you hanging in the freezer with your legs flailing! He! He!

BTW how is the Kefir working out for you?