Wednesday 5 November 2008

Update on wart versus duct tape

I have just taken the duct tape off the wart for the third week of the six weeks cure and I thought I’d give you all an update.

The first week I tried it, I put a smallish piece of duct tape over the wart and then covered that with a plaster the next day as it started falling off. Unfortunately the position of the wart is right above the second joint, on the palm side of my index finger, and duct tape and plaster rolled back, allowing air to the wart without me realising it, and I suspect that the week’s coverage was ineffective, though the wart did seem a little smaller on the day I left the covering off.

The second week I tried a smaller piece of duct tape, covered by a larger piece of plaster. Again the plaster and tape seemed to roll back, and I could see no visible change in the wart on its day of freedom.

The third week, I covered the whole finger from just below first joint to just above knuckle with duct tape. Because the tape was over lapping itself I didn’t need to cover it with a plaster, and I really did think I had the problem solved. But when I took the tape off this evening to give the wart its day of freedom, I discovered that although a lot of my finger was that horrible dead white you get when you have had a plaster on for too long, the wart and its surrounding area appeared to have had enough freedom from the bending of the knuckle to not be effected! I am beginning to feel as if I am loosing the battle here, but I will persevere, for the next three weeks, and may be a bit longer if I can figure out a way to solve this problem.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well darn, I was hoping it would be a simple and rapid cure.
Good luck and keep on keeping us posted.

Anonymous said...

Ouch!! That is a nasty place to try working around! Good luck

dragonsue said...

I'm sure if the wart wasn't situated in such a 'bendy' place the duct tape would do a perfect job!
It is possible the tape is working, just I'm not seeing a difference yet, which is why I'm persevering to the end of the trial.