Thursday 13 November 2008

Week 4 of duct tape versus wart

The tape came off yesterday to give the wart its 24 hours of freedom. I had got the taping right this week, and the wart had been deprived of fresh air, though it was difficult getting it in the proper position as the wart is on my right index finger, and if you have ever tried cutting duct tape to a specific size, I’m sure you can imagine how hard it is to do left handed to boot, add to that how hard it is to put a plaster on a knuckle that will stay there without cutting off the circulation, and I think you will get the idea! LOL

The wart is softer, and the centre seems to be smaller, and over the 24 hours of freedom it didn’t regain its original hardness, so I am hoping that this is working, but as they say in the films, “Its early days yet”, as I have at least another two weeks of this, if not four because the first two weeks I didn’t manage to get a proper seal on it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're trying to smother the wart and you can buy superglue where you live, give that a try because it would be a lot easier then tape. Just paint some on the wart and when it starts to wear off, paint another layer over top. I've hear this works great.

dragonsue said...

When the doctor suggested the tape as an alternative to surgery (I am a coward!), I did suggest super glue then, but the doctor seemed to think that wouldn't work.
It was a personal friend of his who is doing research in to the duct tape versus wart thing that made him suggest this in the first place. I have to report back to my doctor at the end of the trial so he can asses how effective it is.
If it fails I will try the superglue, thanks Posh!

Anonymous said...

Well LOL then on with the research.. tell him he owes you free medical for a year for being his Ginna Pig :)

dragonsue said...

Luckily I live in the UK Posh, so my medical is paid for by the NHS, especially now as my thyroid is bad, that gives me free prescriptions too!