Wednesday 12 November 2008

Wooo-Hooo!

My first post at Frugal Zeitgeist has been published, and reading it now it feels bitty and all over the place. Perhaps I shouldn’t have tried to fit so much into a 500 word piece?

Well whats done is done, I can’t do anything about it now, except learn from my mistakes and use my new knowledge in future posts.

I’m now thinking about future posts and wondering what to write about, I thought I might do a bit on the pro’s and con’s of front loading and top loading washing machines, seeing as I’ve had both, and I was also thinking about a piece about cutting your grocery bill and still eating healthily. What do you guys think? Do you have any suggestions? Either for posts here or over at Frugal Zeitgeist?

After a conversation with my friend I thought I’d better look up Zeitgeist as we both were a little bit cloudy on the meaning; so for those of you who are also a little bemused…

Zeitgeist; the meaning of the age –German origin

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! Girl you did a fabulous job of expressing yourself. I really enjoyed reading it and look forward to seeing more of your articles posted.
Please do one on the front/top load washers.. I'm in the market for a new one and have wondered which was the best.
In fact, do one on your blog for all your blog friends to read.

Forest Parks said...

Hey Sue,

The article is great as far as I am concerned.... I don't want Frugal Zeitgeist to be full of proper english and award winning writing (yet ;) ). I just want a real voice, I was finding I could not give it that very often due to lack of time.

These posts will get easier for you. I don't necc need 500 words, just a guide.

Your ideas sound great.... I HATE top loaders, they waste energy and don't clean my clothes so well. As you know I am a Londoner but here in Canada (actually in USA on mini holiday right now) almost everyone uses top loaders.

I'll try and get some more article titles over today based on your ideas.

As for editing, if you want to edit the post you are welcome to.

I have created access to FrugalZeitgeist for you..... You could even go in and delete all my posts, although I would be upset :)

Speak soon, Forest.

dragonsue said...

You're wish is my command Posh, I'll write something up tonight. :-)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!!!! Now I want to dedicate a blog post for you, maybe it wil help you or give you more ideas. I will do it tomorrow night.

dragonsue said...

Thanks Angela, new ideas are always welcome! And I'm always keen to drum up new readers! lol

dragonsue said...

Thank you Forest for the encouragement! My problem is I always want to run to more than 500 words!
When I entered a short story competition for a story of 5000 words I had to cut over 10,000 before I could enter it.
When I entered the NanoWriMo (write a 30,000 word novel in the month of November) last year, I finished up with a 60,000 word novel! I just like to waffle on, and on, and on! ;-)