Wednesday 26 November 2008

Week six of Duct Tape versus the Wart.

I took the tape off yesterday for what should have been the last time, but as I suspected, the two weeks where I couldn’t get the duct tape to seal properly around the wart have left the wart hanging on, by a thread, but it is still there, very small now, but still alive and kicking.

Two weeks ago I found a fantastic plaster/bandaid in the pound shop, which acts very similar to cling film with a sticky side, and that finally enabled me to seal the duct tape down over the knuckle, and the resultant shrinkage is amazing. So although I should be finishing now, I have decided to carry on for another week or two, just to get rid of the thing by Christmas, for once and for all!

So watch this space for further up dates. Either I am right, and the failure to seal the air from the wart has allowed it to hang on, or in another two weeks time it will be gone. I know which one I am hoping for!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're making progress.. What a long battle it's been.
I've wondered if smothering moles would work too..

Anonymous said...

Argh, I had one on a finger, unknowingly, that I ripped off. isn't there an herb that can be taken to clear the wart from the blood?

dragonsue said...

Hi Posh, I don't think smothering moles would work, they are part of our bodies, where as warts are a fungal infection (if I have my facts straight).
Angela, I can only imagine the pain of ripping one off! You have my sympathy on that one!
The only treatment I have found over the years was lemon essential oil, that did nothing except make the wart more uncomfortable. (I didn't try the old Cornish cure that said I had to rub the wart on a toad and then bury the toad alive on a full moon!)